CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

23 August 2008

Just because you're whole doesn't mean you can't still be added onto

so, I've learned some things, these last couple of weeks (other than flips) ...

I loved living in Provo--because i chose to. Before that decision, i hated it. Sounds kind of... vulcan. no emotions... actually, love and hate...
anyway, i've known a lot of people who hate where they live--i've been one of them!

before i moved to Provo, i lived in Rexburg--i didn't like it. but there was no way you were going to get me in an apt. in Provo. after i got there, and decided that i don't need to let others' opinion influence my own thus loving it, i was most decidedly never moving home again. as in live with or near my parents.

and now here i am at parents house. this is actually the house i grew up in, though it has undergone many changes. [tangent: internent explorer doesn't have spell check like Firefox, and i maintain that having studied more than one foreign language i am perfectly justified in not being able to spell anymore]

when we sing the hymn, "i'll go where you want me to go" and we sing about mountains and plains and seas, and thorny paths.... it's usually much less dramatic than that. Sometimes it's moving back in with your parents because you have a work to do amongst the members of your family. Sometimes it's going to visit someone you don't really like but have exactly what the Lord wants to give them--in words, or love, or empathy... or jokes. sometimes it is to NOT go trek over mountains and plains and other amazing locales on this world, rather to establish yourself in one place, put your efforts and talents into creating the sacred space Home and Family.

Here again, i'm blogging in the late-night hours...

"You have a work that no other can do." Like that starfish story--each and every person is precious to the Lord, and whatever you do to lift and succor and strengthen is huge, a very important part of The Plan.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Amy! Hi! I've missed your cute and unique perspective! I don't think I've gotten to talk to you for like....years. I can't even remember the last time I talked to you, though I hear how you are doing through your mom and Keriann. I know you aren't too happy right now, but I know you can pull through it! You're tough! Probably tougher than you give yourself credit for! And you have a great support system in your family. Just know you're in our thoughts, and I hope you can get back to where you want to be with your life! :)

matti kaye said...

i love you! yer awesome!