CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

27 September 2008

I know the feeling

I think there's a difference between "spontaneity" and my leaving town on a whim.

I was curled up in the reclined driver's seat out in front of my aunt's house at midnight having this thought when Spaz called.

I left Thursday night at 7 to go see my friend, Spaz, in Boise.
four and a half hours later, i was getting directions from him to get to his cousin's house when his phone died!! Yeah, at that moment the beauty and convenience of cell phones didn't command much magnitude for me.

AND! usually when your phone is off and someone calls, it goes straight--straight--to voice mail. His phone didn't. It rang and rang until his voice mail picked up, so i was worried (admittedly more about myself). I drove back out to the road i'd turned onto--just in case it was a spotty reception kind of thing--no dice.
Tried a text--nothing.
so i went through my contacts to find someone who also knew Spaz, and his number. BEX!! A dear dear, sweet mutual friend.
I woke her up-it was after 11--but i was in the middle of nowhere Kuna Idaho, and i needed to find my Spaz!
Bex couldn't get to him, either
CRAP!!
ok, so ... i could turn around and drive back to IF
:P
or... i could call my aunt--at mid-freaking-night--and see if i could stay there, try Spaz again in the morning.
eh.
or i could sit where i was ... and wait. ... for something.

i called my aunt.
If you think she answered you're probably addicted to fairy tales, which i no longer believe in (however, like a schlamiel, i still get suckered).

I drove to her house, and tapped on the door lightly.
don't hold your breathe--no one answered (her daughter, my cousin, lives there, too. my cousin has a baby, and i was hoping for the possibility that she could possibly, at that moment, be up with little Michael...
NOPE
so i set my phone alarm and settled into the idea of getting a few hours of sleep and then see what happens. Sleep tends to straighten out the mind a little, then i might decide to stay the whole night parked on Maverick, visit the relats, see if Spaz finds me...
or just go home...

cue my cell phone--an unknown ID number
YAY!!
"AMY!!!"
ensuing drama and the telling thereof. funny enough, he called Bex as well, to get my number (more complicated than that....)

2AM!! we giggled around his cousins house, went to Denny's and giggled while we ate nasty midnight food, and then went back to cousins house and giggled while we watched youtube videos


then i fell asleep--fun could ensue in the morning. after sleep. mmm sleep.

I'm the Luckiest kid in the world to have a friend like Spaz.

2 comments:

David said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! That's me! And you! And us! Having an adventure!

But yo, where's the part where I run two miles until I'm like coughing up blood? And the part where my cousin sees me standing on the street corner waiting for you at like...2am. LOL

I love you for coming down! Dang that was a fun night. Oh, and did we take that picture the next day? Cuz that is not a good picture of my hair... I hope that's bed-head.

amy said...

i also left out the part where we woke up wrapped in each others arms.

wait. that wasn't you...

I love you for telling me to come down

and that is, indeed, bed head.